Think Data and Cybersecurity

These strategies for bringing on, cultivating and keeping the right kind of skilled, reliable tech talent are being honed and proven in a tight job market. But these emerging best practices would seem to have value no matter what the labor market looks like – in a year or a decade. As for the technological needs on the horizon, these experts see some definite developments and suggest that to really thrive in 2019 and beyond, tech companies would be wise to keep them in mind. Rockoff notes that businesses will likely be looking for more data-related positions as areas like AI and machine learning continue to take off.

For solution providers, bridging the gap between what clients want and what up-and-coming IT talent is interested in offering is crucial. In 2019 and moving forward, that means cybersecurity.

“I think companies that offer cybersecurity services are going to be the most attractive and then everybody else has to figure out how to build that cybersecurity toolbox,” Hensley said.

What has surprised you about your career path in IT? I’m surprised by how fulfilled I am by working in tech. Again, it was never something I thought was possible or had interest in growing up. Coming to the realization that I’m still helping people—just not in the way I envisioned—was a huge “aha” moment.

If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing about working in IT, what would it be? I’d tell my younger self to not be so intimidated by tech and the people who work in it. Early in my career (and sometimes to this day), I experienced impostor syndrome because I didn’t have a technical background. This left me feeling less than and there were a few negative interactions early on that amplified it, but I’m glad I didn’t give up. There will always be people who put you down or question your abilities but they’re part of the journey to finding who you are.

More Info: jobs with a+ certification

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DDoS Attack Mean for My Security?

Profiling Hackers in the MITRE ATT&CK Navigator

The Importance of Post-Attack Analysis