Validating the Project Business Case

When most people think of project management, they think of fields like IT, construction or engineering. However, the same methodologies are also applied in other industries such as cosmetology, retail and education. Whether you realize it or not, you may be using project management in your industry.

That’s why I decided to get the CompTIA Project+ IT certification, even though I don’t work in IT. My background is primarily a mixture of the beauty industry, event planning and business. A bit eccentric, but that’s what makes me unique! Read more to see how I apply project management skills to hairstyling.
Defining the Project

A project is a temporary endeavor that has a definite start and end date. In my world, that’s someone requesting a hair service. For example, let’s say a client books an appointment for 1 p.m. to have her hair colored and styled for an evening event, and she needs to leave the salon no later than 5 p.m. In this example, the project is the color and style and the start and end time is 1 – 5 p.m. on the same day.

More Info: entry level a+ certification jobs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DDoS Attack Mean for My Security?

Profiling Hackers in the MITRE ATT&CK Navigator

The Importance of Post-Attack Analysis