Tips for Breaking Into the IT Field

It takes most IT pros a considerable amount of time to get into IT, but Ian Clark proved that it’s possible to make a career change in just a few short months. He offered the following tips to those who are set on starting a career in IT as quickly as possible.
1. Define Your Why

Clark believes knowing why you are pursuing IT is critical to getting on the fast track to a tech career.

“The first thing I did when I set out on my path from food service to IT was to define why I wanted to get into IT. This helped me see that I was in hot pursuit of an IT career because I was passionate about the industry and wanted to be fulfilled by my job.”

This also helped Clark understand that the reason he was earning CompTIA certifications was to become a competitive job candidate as soon as possible.

Your why might be related to making a certain amount of money, helping businesses solve technical problems that impede their progress or, like Clark, simply doing what you love. Once you get crystal clear about why you’ve decided to make a career change, you’ll likely find that you are more motivated to study for your IT certification exams and set career goals for your future.

More Info: comptia a+ technician

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DDoS Attack Mean for My Security?

Profiling Hackers in the MITRE ATT&CK Navigator

The Importance of Post-Attack Analysis